Friday, June 26, 2009

"I'm going back to jail the way I came into this world..."


Antonio is a sweet guy. Slow minded and left to raise himself, the third child of a crack addicted mother who was always on the streets and never there for him. He made it to 2o something young, on the good looks he was born with and charm that only works on lonely women. Selling crack was how he lived mostly, with no other skills and a felony record it wouldn't matter anyway. He usually went to court. This time something went wrong, beings he can't read he got messed up and now I had to do something about it.

The girl who signed for him, Sharon is a cool chick. She wasn't but 5'3"tall and about 115 pounds of pure muscle. Sort of pretty with dark black skin, she worked hard at two jobs to support her kids and bills and here this man who swears he loves her. It was $700 to get him out some few months ago. I know that was felt at home, but she did it with his promise to flip crack on the streets to pay her back. I don't know if that happened or not and it's really none of my business.

When the forfeiture came to the office I was surprised but not too worried I thought he might already be in jail. When I looked online and didn't find him there I called Sharon. She already knew, and told me he was out there on 13th street sometimes he'd come home sometimes not. She tried to call his phone but he hadn't up'd his minutes so he was unreachable. I explained to her I needed him and to call me when she say him. Women understand business, and this isn't personal. I needed him or the money and she had spent enough on him already so it was going to be him and she's call me. I knew she would.

Weeks slip by, I rode around 13th street looking for him but never saw him. If he saw me first it would be easy to slip into a shadow and hide. My Cadillac wasn't exactly inconspicuous. Nights passed and Sharon called. She finally heard from him, she said he was laying down at her house all messed up on xanax and wanting a fish sandwich from McDonald's. She was going out to get it for him and would leave the door unlocked for us, "just go get him" she said. Okay, now who can I get on a moments notice to go with me? Well, it's late and in bail bonds plaza the only other people around was Dale and Sue from a different bonding office. Sue my friend said she'd drive and Dale being the muscles we were off.

Typical apartment complex, of course it's on the third floor where else would her apartment be? Check the door it's open, this girl is straight up I like that about her. We went in and saw him laying on a bed in the back room sound asleep. Easy. We all walked in and I hand cuffed him with more ease then expected. Damn, he's still asleep! It's got to be the xanax, we can't even wake him. He is breathing so we know he's alive but the jail will not take him like this. About that time Sharon shows up and plays it like a pro, "what's happening, you didn't go to court, oh no"! He's a blurry mess now, awake and stumbling and ready for a fight. Thankfully not with me.

Dale is about 255 pounds, Antonio maybe 140. Not your fairest fight. He doesn't want to go to jail of course and who better to take this up with then the 255 pound giant who is insistent upon it. Sue and I are finding this situation funnier then we should, when the next thing we see is Antonio making a statement about "if I'm going to jail I'm going the way I came into this world"! Off come his shorts and there he is naked and proving that black men are rather well endowed even in a 140 pound package. With that everyone looked away and giggled some more, even Sharon was embarrassed for him. Dale a bit freaked out and I won't act as if I understand that, but straight guys do get weirded out around other naked guys.

This situation was a weird surreal moment. Between Dale and Antonio's shorts that were going back on his skinny black ass. Sharon was trying to help him get dressed, I was still laughing and Sue was cracking jokes that weren't helping! He had the whole apartment at bay with his naked hand cuffed body and wiener everyone was avoiding! He was calling the shots to a certain degree no one wanted to step in and handle him. I talked to him as nicely as I would want someone to talk to me if I was a naked black man butt naked wrecked on xanax in a room full of people and about to go to jail. I reminded him about the fish sandwich on the counter Sharon bought him. He had wanted it, it was getting cold and I would warm it up for him if he'd put his shorts on. I can't believe that was sinking in to his brain, eat your fish sandwich Antonio, it worked! He heard me through Dale's screaming, Sue's giggling', Sharon's pleading to get dressed. A fish sandwich of all things.

I warmed it up and wrapped it in a paper towel. He put his shorts on and Sharon went and found a pair of flip-flops for him to wear so he wouldn't go barefooted. It was cute the only ones she could find were hers and they had little yellow flowers on them! So sweet! All the way to the jail I held his sandwich for him and fed him like a child while he cried and apologized for missing court. He spent about two months in jail and finally got time served on all charges. I hadn't heard much from him and then recently he got in trouble again and called the only place he knows to call when he goes to jail. This time another girlfriend, Gina we know her too. She bonded her ex-boyfriend with us. Poor guy, we still bond him where's he gonna go?

No comments:

Post a Comment